Back in 1991 when running freaks were hungry for chunky silhouettes and molded eyelets, the R698 debuted. It was the sort of shoe that had it all. The pinnacle model was packed with Trinomic cushioning for a plush ride. Other models were slightly varied for pronation and supination – which meant the R698 had something for everyone. Freaks included.
Aaaand now it's back and styled for everyday wearing, with its good looks and iconic style most certainly intact. Here, we've updated it with a seamless, embossed upper with matte finishing for a modern twist on a throwback classic.
• Seamless, embossed nylon upper with matte finish
• Lace closure for a snug fit
• Midsole featuring Trinomic technology straight out of the PUMA Archives: rubber cells collapse and rebound for cushioning while also offering stability and motion control
• Rubber outsole for grip
• PUMA Formstrip at medial and lateral sides
• PUMA No. 1 Logo at tongue; PUMA Cat Logo at heel
The PUMA R698 Matte & Shine (Black/Black-White Canvas) is available now at RUVilla.com and at a Villa location near you!