1. The Air Jordan VI was worn by Michael Jordan en route to his first NBA championship over the LA Lakers in 1991.
2. The Air Jordan VI was the first basketball shoe released without a tip or reinforcement around the toe.
3. The back of the shoe is known as spoiler because of MJ's love of his slant nose Porche at the time.
4. The original Air Jordan VI was released under the "Nike Air" brand in 5 colorways.
5. The year 2000 was the first time the shoe would be re-released.
6. The Jordan 6 was designed by Tinker Hatfield.
7. The Air Jordan VI was co-designed by Michael Jordan after he had been hands off on the ideation process in previous Jordan style. 8. The Air Jordan VI was designed for ease and comfort. The tongue has two holes in it to make it easier for someone to put on the sneaker.
9. The Air Jordan 6 was one of two Jordan's originally packaged in a two-in-one set. The model served as one half of the brand's Defining Moments Package in 2006.
10. The Air Jordan 6 has been re-released in twelve different years.