1. The Air Jordan 1 was designed by the same guy who created Adidas’ Three Bars logo.
a. Peter Moore created the Air Jordan 1 in 1985 and would then go on to work with Adidas to design their Three Bars logo.
2. The original retail price for the Jordan 1 was $65.
a. When the Air Jordan1 debuted in 1985 Nike set the MSRP at just $65. Given inflation, that is the equivalent to $145 in 2015.
3. The original black and red Air Jordan 1 is the most re-released Jordan of all time.
a. Since its release in 1985 the black and red version of the Air Jordan 1 has been the most retro’d style of all time for Jordan Brand. The sneaker has been rereleased over six times.
4. Michael Jordan was fined $5,000 per game when he first wore the shoe.
a. In the 80’s the NBA had a strict and formal uniform policy that required player shoes to match their jersey.
5. Michael Jordan didn’t like the sneaker when he first saw it.
a. Jordan Brand first presented MJ with the Air Jordan 1 in the black and red colorway. Immediately after giving it a quick glimpse, Jordan was not fond of the shoe stating it was in enemy colors, as in UNC’s rival NC State’s traditional school colors.